Self-pay rates (not billed to insurance):
- $120 per full/50 minute session (initial assessments or follow-ups)
- $65 per half/25 minute session (follow-ups only, per request)
Under the law, health care providers need to give clients who don’t have insurance or who are not using insurance an estimate of the expected charges for medical services, including nutrition services. You have the right to receive a Good Faith Estimate for the total expected cost of any non-emergency healthcare services, including nutrition services. You can ask your health care provider, and any other provider you choose, for a Good Faith Estimate before you schedule a service, or at any time during treatment. If you receive a bill that is at least $400 more than your Good Faith Estimate, you can dispute the bill. Make sure to save a copy or picture of your Good Faith Estimate. For questions or more information about your right to a Good Faith Estimate, how to dispute a bill, or see your Estimate, visit www.cms.gov/nosurprises or call (800) 368-1019
I accept the following insurances:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield plans (excluding Legacy LHP and Blue High Performance Networks)
- First Choice Health
- Moda; Connexus, Synergy, CCN/Community Care Network, and HMC & OHSU Health (previously OHSU Tuality Health & Associates) networks ONLY
- Oregon Health Plan (CareOregon, OHSU Health, PacificSource Community Solutions and Open Card ONLY; I cannot bill OHP through Providence or Kaiser)
I am not in-network with United Healthcare, Aetna, Providence, or Kaiser insurance plans. I can, however, bill as an out-of-network provider if you have out-of-network nutrition benefits or provide you a superbill that you may submit to your insurance company for potential reimbursement. I am able to accept FSA and HSA cards as a form of payment. Please note that I am not able to bill Medicare for services.
If you are a Medicaid client who would like to pay out-of-pocket for services, please contact me to inquire about rates.
Please be aware that even if I am in-network with your insurance, each plan is different and therefore coverage for nutrition sessions is not guaranteed.
To verify your insurance benefits for nutrition counseling, please call the number on the back of your insurance card and ask them the questions below:
1. Is Tessa Komine and/or Fearless with Food, LLC considered an in-network provider under my plan? If not, what are my out-of-network nutrition benefits?
2. Do I have benefits for nutritional counseling, using CPT codes 97802 & 97803 and diagnosis code Z71.3?
3. If applicable: Do I have different coverage with an eating disorder diagnosis (same CPT codes)? If so, which diagnoses?
4. Do I have a deductible to meet before insurance covers? If so, how much have I met so far?
5. Do I have a copay or coinsurance for visits?
6. Is a doctor’s referral required?
7. Is there a limit on the number of visits allowed?
8. If applicable: Are telehealth visits covered?
9. Can I get a reference # for the call?
Please be aware that information given by your insurance company is not a guarantee of coverage.
No-show/late cancellation policy:
For missed appointments or cancellations within 24 hours of the scheduled appointment, there is a $65 fee which can be waived at the provider’s discretion (e.g.in the event of a medical/family emergency). For OHP/Medicaid clients this fee does not apply but the holding period described in the Practice Policies & Consent to Treatment form will take effect instead. Please note that I am not able to bill insurance for missed appointments.